To Blog or Not to Blog - That is the Question!

As a part of my session on growing and enhancing learning communities using technology tools at the NYSCATE Leadership Summit, I am introducing participants to a variety of tools within the context of the dispositions of practice from the ARCS framework of Communities for Learning.  One tool that we are sharing is blogs.

For me, blogging has been a way to put my thoughts out to the greater world.  Sometimes I get feedback in the form of comments, sometimes I don't. (That makes me very sad by the way! Post a comment! Just don't post spam!)  Either way - the very act of putting my question out there, of writing about my thought process helps me to clarify my work and the vision I have for that work.

When I began blogging, there was the initial fear of "what if I say the wrong thing" - particularly as I blogged about my work.  Then I ran into the problem that my chose blogging platform was often blocked in district (very frustrating!)  However, I persevered and my blogging continues.

I find that I blog less often than I used to - perhaps because I tweet more? - but that I am always reflecting on my work which will usually result in a blog post.  As a result, blogging is one of the most important tools that I use.

If you are new to blogging, what are your concerns or questions about blogging? What most intriques you about blogging?

1 comment:

Mrs. Tenkely said...

Blogging does the same for me, it gives me a chance to reflect on new tools I find, lessons that I have taught, lessons I want to teach, and things I am learning. Blogging has been a wonderful way to connect with others and deepen my own thinking. (I love those non-spam comments too!)